Local Government Unit Information Dissemination System (LGUIDS) is an LGU deployed system that enhances information dissemination and data collection of (1) disaster-related bulletins from PAGASA, PHVOLCS, RDRRMC, MGB and other disaster/emergency advisory agencies, (2) farming and fishing updates from DA, BFAR, EMB and (3) community announcements such as suspension of classes, community activities such as town fiesta, festivals, jobs fair, public bidding, etc. The LGUIDS generates a visual representation of near real-time weather parameters from DOST hydrometeorological stations. The system also serves as repository of local government officials, farmers, businesses, schools, residents.
Local Government Unit Information Dissemination System (LGUIDS) is an LGU-deployed system that
- disseminates weather bulletins, earthquake information, tsunami alerts, volcano advisories and community-concerned announcements
- collects of up-to-date hydrometeorological data from locally-installed equipment
- generates a visual representation of the weather parameters in the region
- serves as a tool for reporting of onsite situation
- stores contact details, hazard maps, IEC materials, etc.
For more information about LGUIDS, please go the the project website: http://lguids.weebly.com/