- Hits: 1003
I. Program Description
The Consultancy for Agricultural and Manufacturing Productivity Improvement (CAMPI) Program provides consultancy services to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to attain higher productivity through the identification of productivity improvement concerns in the agriculture and manufacturing sectors throughout the country. CAMPI is a level-up strategy that provides focused S&T consultancy intervention/s to SMEs.
The program was created to facilitate the Institute’s mandate in providing technical consultancy services including engineering design services, patenting and licensing services per section 28 B of Executive Order No. 128. Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are targeted to achieve desired impact since the sector comprises more than 99% of total business in the country.
1. To install focused S&T interventions to continually improve productivity of the SMEs;
2. To tap the skills and expertise of industry practitioners; and
3. To encourage the private sector to adopt government generated S&T innovations in the agriculture and manufacturing sectors.
IV. Assistance Coverage
1. The financial assistance shall cover the professional fee and travel cost of the Consultants/Consultancy team who will conduct consultancy services to qualified SMEs within the priority sectors.
2. Priority sectors include: food processing, GHD, agriculture/horticulture, aquaculture, health products/pharmaceuticals, furniture, and metals & engineering.
V. Qualification Requirements
SMEs in the agricultural and manufacturing sectors that have already established local and/or international market. SMEs should have been previously assisted by other TAPI Programs, SETUP or other DOST Consultancy Services. Priority would be given to those who have undergone training on basic CAPE & MPEX duly recommended by the Regional Offices (ROs).
- Hits: 8914
Packaging and Labeling Services is the assistance to SMEs in the development of package design; technical consultancy for the improvement of packaging system thru proper labeling and packaging; nutrition facts analysis, Sheaf life testing and training.
- Hits: 8664
How Hydropwer Works?
Hydropower uses water pressure to generate mechanical energy. The mechanical energy developed could be transformed into a versatile electrical energy through appropriate electrical equipment.
The water in the river is diverted by the weir through an opening in the river side (the `intake') into an open channel. A settling basin is used to remove sand particles from the water. The channel follows the contour of the hillside so as to preserve the elevation of the diverted water. The water then enters a tank known as the `forebay' and passes into a closed pipe known as the `penstock'. This is connected at a lower elevation to a waterwheel, known as a turbine. The turning shaft of the wheel can be used to rotate a mechanical device (such as a grinding mill, oil expeller, wood lathe and so on), or to operate an electricity generator. The machinery or appliances which are energized by the hydro scheme are called the `load'.
Micro-Hydropower is classified as hydropower schemes in the range of 5-100 kW installed capacity
Mini-Hydropower scheme usually in the range of 101-1000kW.
Micro-Hydropower is :
- Clean, domestic and renewable source of energy.
- Doesn't pollute the air like power plants that burn fossil fuels, such as coal or natural gas.
- Available as needed; engineers can control the flow of water through the turbines to produce electricity on demand.
- Provide benefits in addition to clean electricity.
- Impoundment hydropower creates reservoirs that offer a variety of recreational opportunities, notably fishing, swimming, and boating.
- Other benefits may include water supply and flood control.
The Department of Science and Technology CALABARZON (DOST CALABARZON) and Southern Tagalog Consortium for Industry & Development (STCIERD) recognizes the benefits of conducting site assessment.
- Hits: 9747
- Hits: 9688
What is Cleaner Production?
Cleaner Production can save money for your company. It is the application of an integrated preventive environmental strategy to processes, products, and services to increase efficiency and reduce risks to humans and environment (UNEP).
Cleaner Production focuses on source reduction and recycling. To reduce wastes, the company can increase product life, change input materials, modify equipment, layout or piping, improve their production process, change equipment to more efficient one, and optimize operating conditions. The company may even look into their operating and management practices for improvements.
CP implementation may:
- Increase productivity
- Reduce operating costs
- Improve worker’s health and safety
- Provide public health and environmental benefits
- Reduce risk of liability
- Improve company image
- Improve global competitiveness
- CP Assessment is initiated with the top management’s recognition to establish a CP program. It is followed by planning and organizing, detailed CP Assessment, feasibility analysis (if needed), implementation of CP and monitoring.
- During planning and organizing, a team of CP assessors for DOST CALABARZON and SUC’s will conduct CP orientation to the company’s CP cause champion(s). The CP assessors together with the CP cause champions will identify the company’s issues and concerns and the focus area of the CP assessment. The group will also identify the environmental Performance Indicators (EPIs), which will be monitored to determine the benefits of implementing CP Assessment in the company.
- The detailed assessment consists of performing material and energy balances, cause-diagnosis, setting of CP targets and generating CP options.
- A CP Assessment report will then be prepared and discussed with the top management/CP cause champions(s). The CP options that are low cost/low risk and feasible are recommended to be implemented by the company.
- Benefits can only be realized through implementation. The benefits of CP implementation can be determined through monitoring of the EPIs. This benefits will make the company continuously find ways to improve their production and sustain the CP programs.