RSTL is based at the Regional S&T Center in Los Baños, Laguna Province. It was instituted to:
- Fast track development of technological capability of industry to enhance product and service competitiveness; and
- Encourage industry initiatives in meeting national and international standards for various foods, feeds, and agricultural and allied products.
- Test and analytical services of water, wastewater, foods, and feeds including their by-products;
- Tests to determine compliance of industries to DENR requirement;
- Determination of shelf-life of food products; and
- Drafting and analysis for nutrition facts.
RSTL has also received its ISO/IEC 17025 Certificate of Accreditation. It is accredited to conduct micro-biological testing for fruits, vegetables and nuts, fruit and vegetable products in hermetically sealed containers, as well as, sun dried fruits, spices, condiments and food supplements.
Also included in the scope is Salmonella detection in meat and poultry products, fruits, vegetables and nuts, and spices.
Besides these, RSTL is accredited to conduct microbial test of waters including effluents. RSTL was also awarded the ISO 17025 certification in chemical testing.
Regional Standards and Testing Laboratory
Jamboree Road, Timugan, Los Banos, Laguna
Telefax : (049) 536-4390