RVCL is based at the Provincial S&T Center in Kumintang Ilaya, Batangas City, Batangas Province. It helps to implement Republic Act No. 8180, otherwise known as the Downstream Oil Industry Deregulation Act of 1996. While Executive Order No. 377 mandates DOST to prescribe calibration and verification intervals of all measuring instruments used in petroleum products.
The Center offers:
- Calibration and verification services for petroleum and other delivery trucks; and
- Monitoring and evaluation services to determine correctness of volumetric measuring equipment.
- Calibration of 5 to 20-liter buckets (using volumetric method);
- Calibration of trailer/vehicle tanks with 1,000 to 40,000 liter-capacity; and
- On-site calibration of proving tanks with 50 to 500 liter capacity.
Regional Volumetric Calibration Laboratory
Provincial Science and Technology Center-Batangas
Provincial Engineering Office Compound, Kumintang, Ilaya, Batangas City
Telefax : (043) 723-6115